The Alameda City Council meets on the first and third Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m. Schedule changes and agendas are posted here.
Following each City Council meeting, staff will produce a Meeting In Brief, with a quick summary of the meeting. Official minutes and video from the meeting can be found here.
July 24, 2018
Cannabis Ordinance Changes: Council directed staff to bring back the following changes to the Cannabis Ordinance for Council consideration:
- Adult Use: allow the sale of adult use cannabis
- Buffer Zone: maintain 1000 feet buffer zone for public and private schools and reduce buffer zone to 600 feet for all other sensitive uses, in line with current state regulations
- Zoning: expand zoning for dispensaries to include C1, neighborhood business districts (for example, the Stations), and CM, commercial manufacturing districts (not retail-oriented)
- Delivery: modify to allow two stand-alone delivery permits (with no storefronts) in addition to the existing two dispensary permits
- Business License: outside businesses need a business license to deliver cannabis in Alameda
- Cap: remove cap on testing labs (previously capped at 2)
- Issue New RFP: allow nursery and manufacturing applications on a first come first serve basis